Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Boulder Peak post race

The race has come and is now gone. I definitely loved to be in Colorado. The weather was great for the most part and that definitely helped to enjoy those few days. As of the race I can't be fully happy how I did. I had a slow swim (27 minutes) and that's slow for me. I am starting to believe that I kept going off-course and those extra yards could make up for the lost time. I did find myself many times meters away from the other athletes. I kept looking up to make sure I was going to right direction and probably this, too, slowed me down. I started off my bike after a slower T1. Some bikers caught me on the first 6 miles of the bike where the course was fairly flat but still  a slight uphill. Then on the Old Stage Road I felt I was Contador for a while. I passed everyone back who had previously passed me and more. On the downhill  I tried to maintain a safe speed but I still clocked past over 40mph. The remainder of the course was flat again and I hoped to make up for much of the the time that I lost when going uphill. Turned out that I didn't a 69 minute bike leg stands after my name. I am happy, however, for my run, though. I wanted to run under 35 minutes (at around mile 2 I really wanted to) but I had to be satisfied with my 35 minutes only. This, I know, could have been far faster if I had competition to run with or to run up to.
The race was well organized and I am excited to swim and bike more to see where I could be with this more training I am about to do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment