Saturday, July 14, 2012

Dakota River Runners Race for Parkinsons

It's been a while that I posted anything in here.. It may have been the winter and the fact that before and after the Turkey Trot I was unable to run for months.. In February, after a goof 7 months without running I had no other choice but to get my knee fixed.. MRI has revealed that I had degenerative torn meniscus that required surgery. The surgery went fine and in a few weeks I was already able to walk and jog at a moderate pace.. I held off running for a while though.. The first event I did was in April, only a week after Niki, my sister had arrived from Hungary. The River Runners Race for Parkinsons 10k. As I had no idea what my knee can handle I went out at a moderate pace running with John Watkins and Andi Nielsen.. After the first loop that was in 18:02 I took the lead but could never truly distance myself from John. He shadowed me from a few steps behind so that I could never feel that the win was in my pockets.. I threw out a bigger surge just about a mile to go and he was able to match that, too. At that point I knew I had no more in me but luckily enough John was running at the edge as well. I ran the second loop in 17:30 to finish in 35:32. The time is good knowing how many runs I had done prior to the race.. Off to a good season..
Niki finished in second place in the 5k in a time of 21 high..
The link to the results:
http://bismarckparkinsons.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/10k-race-times-2012.pdf

Niki and I shortly after finishing the River Runners Race for Parkinsons

No comments:

Post a Comment