Wednesday, September 12, 2012

You have a chance!

Dear fellow competitor!

After a gentle tumble on a Tuesday morning ride I am happy to announce that your chances of placing ahead of me at the Xterra USA Championships has just jumped to never seen heights!

I was riding on Sleepy Hollow when coming close to the end of the course, in a sharp right switchback turn, my front tire decided to turn a bit more than needed on the loose sand. I ended up on the ground and although I tried to protect myself and slow down my inevitable and graceful fall I wounded up with a bruised rib cage. I mean it's not discolored and there is no visible sign of the pain I go through now every time I try to take a breath. Running is not even in my mind anymore.

It has happened to me already, the last time it took over 2 months to completely heal. I am so glad the Worlds is only 6 weeks away. If I get lucky it is only a beat up rib cage. If I am like always than it's likely a cracked set of bones likely take longer to heal.

Ohh well.. At least I can focus now a lot more on my swimming, even though it hurts regardless of the  water's favorable effect's on the human body.

So while you go rounds I go nuts..

No comments:

Post a Comment