Thursday, August 9, 2012

McDowell Dam pre-Mexico workout

On this Sunday morning I had nothing else to do but to workout. This would be true but not by all means. There is always something to do when you own a house, a dog and a wife..
But on this day I just wanted to test myself and that Specialized Epic full suspension bike I rented for the weekend from Epic Sports while they were boxing my bike.
The workout started out with a shorter but essential swim in the lake. After swimming in the pool at the Y for so long you sort of forget how different it is to swim in something you don't see the bottom of it. Yes, it's scary a bit, at least for someone who didn't grow up swimming in lakes.
Getting out of the water I got on the bike. I managed to ride 5 laps in total. The first one being the warm up and the last one being the cool down lap the rest of them was a pretty fast. 1st lap 12:20 2nd lap 11:40 3rd lap 11:10 4th lap 10:40. It's insane how fast this bike can go. It's insane how fast one can go with a nicely dialed in full suspension bike. When I was done I put my running shoes on to run another loop around the lake that is 4.5km in length.

The workout was great and it gave me the necessary boost and confidence going into this XTERRA Mexico event in Tapalpa, Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment